Laser periodontal therapy (LPT) can not only treat your gum disease but treat cold/canker sores and speed up teeth whitening! Besides directly treating gum disease, LPT can be used for many other treatments and fixes as indicated by the FDA. These include the following:
– Frenum removal (frenectomy, frenotomy): Removes a connective tissue between the upper teeth or tongue and lower teeth to allow more movement.
– Lesions removal: Removes growths in the mouth.
– Gingivectomy, gingivoplasty: The removal of gum tissue surrounding a gum pocket and reshape it.
– Reduction of gingival hypertrophy: LPT can reduce the size of skeletal muscle on the gums.
– Pulpotomy: Removes a portion of your root’s pulp that is diseased.
– Excisional and incisional biopsies: The entire or partial removal of a tumor.
– Exposure of unerupted teeth: When a tooth hasn’t emerged from the gums, then LPT is used to help it come out.
– Gingival troughing for crown impression: When there is a groove or channel in the tooth that’s irreparable, then it is shaped in preparation for a dental crown.
– Gingival incision and excision: Either one allows our team to better access your teeth and inner gums to repair them.
– Laser removal of diseased, infected and inflamed soft tissue within the periodontal pocket.
– Laser soft tissue curettage: Removes hardened substances (tartar) and bacteria from the teeth to prevent periodontal disease.
– Implant recovery: By preparing the area with LPT, this allows the placement of a dental implant to go more smoothly and recover more quickly.
– Abscess incision and drainage: This drains an abscess to help the mouth heal.
– Soft tissue crown lengthening: LPT is a softer approach to the removal of the gums, allowing a safer and more comfortable recovery.
As you can see, there is a large variety of problems that laser therapy can treat. No matter what issues your teeth are having, our team of specialists can take care of your smile. If you have questions about laser periodontal therapy and its benefits, give the Palm Desert Center a call at 760-851-0314.
Dr. Nicholas and her team of specialists here in Palm Desert, California, will be happy to answer any concerns you have about this treatment. If you are looking for periodontal care and live in Palm Desert, La Quinta, Indian Wells, Rancho Mirage, Palm Springs and neighboring communities of the Coachella Valley or are in the area during travels, we’ll be happy to take care of you and your smile today!