- 3 Dangers of Tooth Loss
- Eat the Foods You Love
- Live Longer with the smile you deserve
- No More Denture Adhesives
Q: What are Dental Implants?
A: The dental implants used by most dentists and dental specialists are root-form implants, which basically means that they are replacements, or substitute tooth roots, used to replace natural tooth roots in areas of the mouth where teeth are missing. Since it replaces the tooth root, it creates the stability needed to have much stronger teeth that stay in place and don’t move around.
Q: What Are The Benefits Of Dental Implants?
A: Here is a list of just a few of the benefits:
- Prevents Bone Loss — By preventing bone reabsorption that would normally occur with the loss of teeth, the facial structure remains intact. This is especially important when all of the teeth are missing, because the lower one-third of the face collapses if implants are not placed to preserve the bone.
- Overall quality of life is enhanced with replacement teeth that look, feel and function more like natural teeth. You will look younger and more attractive which allows you to be even more confident and enjoy smiling, laughing, and talking with others.
- You can now live longer, because you’ll be able to eat better and prevent malnutrition or stomach problems! Fresh Vegetables and fruits are back on the menu! You can now eat the foods you like. Also, since your chewing will be improved, your digestion will be even better as well!
- Increases the amount of enjoyment you get out of eating! Creates more confidence in social situations. Most of our patients love their new implants, because of their improved appearance, function, comfort and;
- Allows You To Relax and not worry about your dentures moving around, popping out, or gagging you. You’ll never worry about your dentures flying out when you laugh, sneeze, cough, or when you eat. Implants are so securely attached that the fear of them falling out will be eliminated.
This is part 1 of 2 articles on the “Miracle of Dental Implants”…stay tuned…
If you have questions concerning dental implants, feel free to contact Dr. Anne A Nicholas at 760-340-1030!