Most adults in American see the value in whitening their teeth. Mintel/Greenfield Online survey showed that 67 percent of American adults see the importance of brighter teeth and a friendly smile. Many people have asked their dentist for help, while others used toothpaste and over-the-counter products to improve their smiles.
The pathway to brighter teeth is entirely up to you, but the team at “The Palm Desert Center for Advanced Cosmetic and Implant Dentistry” strongly recommends that you consider following sound procedures and whitening safely?
Give some thought to the tips below on how you can safely whiten your teeth so your smile is not only brilliant, but also healthy.
- Dental check-up. Let your dentist know if you experience sensitivity when you whiten your teeth. Dr. Anne A. Nicholas and team are happy to help you prevent potential problems.
- Follow the label directions. They’re not just guidelines… They’re given to help you achieve healthy teeth while avoiding damage.
- Do not use whitening products longer than directed. This can result in tooth sensitivity and gum discomfort.
- Aim for a natural white. If you whiten too much, your teeth may become translucent or even start to have a bluish tint. If you try to match the whites in your eyes, your smile will look most radiant.
- Consider changing your habits such as smoking or drinking tea, cola, or coffee. By limiting the use of these products, discoloration will not be as prevalent.
- Rinse daily with peroxide or mouthwash. Not only do these products improve oral hygiene and cut down on bacteria, but they also have an effect on whitening your teeth. Additionally, there are many over-the-counter mouthwashes with an extra whitening agent which will help prolong your whitened smile.
- Brushing your teeth correctly a couple times a day will greatly help you keep your white smile.
Many people agree that the very best way to whiter and brighter teeth is with a competent dental practice such as at “The Palm Desert Center for Advanced Cosmetic and Implant Dentistry”. Add TEETH WHITENING to your ‘To-Do List’ and call at “The Palm Desert Center for Advanced Cosmetic and Implant Dentistry”at 760-340-1030 to schedule an appointment. Our office is located at 73929 Larrea Street, Suite 2, Palm Desert, CA.